Hello! No Ripping !


Friday, April 28, 2006 '
Nilai International College, where I went for my interview. Looks huge huh..




Being sick since Wednesday, I had to go for my scholarship interview with a terrible sore throat. It was so bad that my voice was 97.8% gone and I had to whisper softly during the interview. Fabulous huh? The one and only chance to impress interviewers for free education and my voice had to be so sexay and squeaky.


Overall, the interview was quite okay. There were two interviewers so they took turns drilling me with questions. There was even a question about the bridge project between Malaysia and Singapore ! I thought to myself '' Oh shit, mati katak man this time!''. It went something like this...

Interviewer 1 : Why was the bridge project between Malaysia and Singapore cancelled?

Me : It's cancelled because Singapore demanded our sand and air....air...

Interviewer 1 : Air..? It starts with the letter S.

Me : Air.......air......

Interviewer 2 : It is very important to Malaysia or any other country because when a country invades other country's [airS...], the invader can be shot down anytime.

Me : {blank look}

Interviewer 1 : Air...? [points up to the ceiling and begun to circle his arms around]

Me : {look even more blank}

Interviewer 1 : Airspace. [he said it in a somewhat exasperated voice, I think ]
Me : Oh.

Interviewer 1 : Any other reasons why the project is cancelled?

Me : Because Singapore did not want to pay for the other half of the bridge. [I stupidly blurted out]


Interviewer 1 & 2 exchanged smiles. It was not those kind and nice smiles. It was a smile that stoned me to that spot and made me felt like, 'Shit, kelong!'.


They also asked me to demonstrate how I would sell my car to them. That was so, so, nerve-wrecking! When I told them about the car having a great number plate [8888], they...they...they burst into laughter! Thank goodness Interviewer 2[Dean of Business Faculty] told me that I was quite approachable and that [8888 number plate] idea was quite good. I thought that they were laughing about how ridiculous my demo was. Pheww..


Before I left, they told me that it would be hard to hand me the scholarship because there are other people applying for this scholarship who are a lot poorer than I am. So eventhough I deserve it, they consider the income factor first. = (


They also tried to buy me off the scholarship list by offering me a 50% scholarship off the entire degree. They offered me THREE times but I rejected it, in a nice way la.


FIFTY PERCENT?!

I know, I know. I sound greedy but I'm seriously settling for nothing less than 100%! Imagine all the long drives I have to bravely endure at the crack of dawn every morning! Imagine other students waking up at 7.30 in the morning to attend an 8 o'clock lecture and me waking up at SIX O'ClOCK to drive there ! Heck, even cockerels are still sleeping! That's why I want 100% !


** ** ** ** **

drove back after that in my car! weeeee..first time driving for so long and fast [still slightly slower than lories but I will catch up soon enough].


** ** ** ** **

for some reason, the font size is not behaving properly, being big n small to their own liking and I had enough of editting it so if you do not mind, please pardon it.




Chatterbox




Me

sook yan =) also known as nicole phang
subang jaya
03 november
20
Proud to be scorpio
sk seafield; sk seri selangor; smk usj 13; nilai university college

Cravings
Last update: 22nd May 08
  • Good results
  • Hapiness Everyday!
  • Harmonious Family
  • Great Vacations!
  • True Friendships

  • Escapes ♥
    Click

    ♥♥

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ karine
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ natasha
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ pui yan
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ shee ann
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ winnie


    Escapes
    adeleneGoh
    allisonGoh
    amosTay
    calebTham
    christopherYong
    chiaChing
    darimi
    florence
    getRealCamp
    ivanKoh
    jackTan
    jamesTan
    jasmineOng
    jasonLee [cousin]
    jenson
    jingLing
    joelLee [cousin]
    justinaLee
    kiatZai [cousin]
    luanne
    markHwang
    munHong [bro]
    munYun [bro]
    meiWah
    min
    nicholasHee
    nicholasLam
    nicholasWong
    nucToasties
    oliviaChen
    richardLee
    sheeAnn
    shannaTan
    sharonRoberts
    sharonNg
    siewHui
    stephanieHeng
    suMay [cousin]
    szeYean
    szu-mei
    tiffany
    tracyWong
    winnie
    wyman
    yeeMun
    yewWei
    zhenCui
    ziYuan
    zoe

    Credits
    Designer:kodies
    Basecode: shatter%
    Picture: gilter graphic