one thing I have finally picked up today was, 'you'll never know what tomorrow holds'. yes, I have heard of that statement zillions of times, but I have never truly captured the significance of that statement. not as deep as of what I understand today.
life is unpredictable, is it not? you'll never know what tomorrow holds
everyday you'll wake up, expecting a monotonous routine just as how life 'happened' on the day before, and then....Wham! , one day, life decides to be funny by instilling drastic changes and fluctuations of emotions that removes you from the comfort space you call sanctuary. when that hits you, you'll have to feel about in the dark, wondering what this new space that life has just placed you in is, what this new space holds and how, how you are to adapt to it.
truthfully, I've been stumbling a lot lately, having to adapt with a lot of new changes in my life, most of them whom are not welcomed with open arms. but as I inch away from my teen years, I have picked up along the way how to accommodate these changes and how to rebuild a comfort zone. along with that, I usually gain new perspectives of life. all part of growing up, you can say.
today, precisely at 2p.m, the phang family has lost a member. at the age of 44, he was my dad's younger cousin, a son, a husband, a father and a grandfather. his passing away was a big shock to all the family members. it was so sudden accident, just barely a month after he threw a huge house warming function for the family during the chinese new year. I could also remember him clearly during the first day of chinese new year, this year, where I was trying to help him download some files from the internet into his computer. that felt as though it has just happened yesterday. he was among the people whom are family, but i only expect to see once a year, but nevertheless,
there,
every year.
its a sad thing to happen, a change that all of us in the family have to adapt to. I hope that he is in peace and my heart goes all out to his grieving family, as the whole family goes through the alteration of our sanctuary.
'Live each day to its fullest; you never know what tomorrow will bring'Labels: current affairs