Hello! No Ripping !


Saturday, April 26, 2008 '
Updates Updates Updates

Phew, the past few weeks has been pretty hectic for me in college. Been doing a lot of stuff, having a lot of changes. So, there's gonna three different updates on this post tonight.

First things first, let me introduce to you my new toy! =D
Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you.....

the Acer Aspire 4920 !


Yup yup , my dad finally brought me a new laptop ! The old compaq is still hanging there but, always hanging. Its not entirely dead yet, but it hangs so often that it always delays my work. There was once the startup took half an hour! Yup, very very slow. Comparing my compaq with this new baby is like comparing a tortoise with a cheetah (my opinion), though my dad defended the compaq by saying that when he brought it, it had the speed of a horse, not tortoise. lol




My desk in Nilai last week.

Gaya anot?

Having two laptops as though I'm that busy and need to do so many tasks at one time till I need to operate two laptops at once. lol

These are among the first pictures taken by my new webcam in the laptop.




My uncle and his youngest son, Mun Jan.
(we do see the toddler in my blog a lot, don't we? =P)
C.U.T.E =D
me and cousin Mun Jun.
yeah, apparently their dad bully his sons a lot, which is pretty funny. =P

Second Update !

There are new additions to the Phang family! =D

Allow me to introduce.....
Hamster 1

and
Hamster 2

Yeah, we haven named them yet because they are prefectly identical. We don't even know the gender of the hamsters yet. So I'll probably think of some conventional hamster names later on like Hammie or something like that.


Anyone with great unisex hamster names, that goes well with my surname? lol


Cute !

In case you were wondering, I was not squashing them! *gentle gentle*



And its not often i see my youngest bro being so fasinated by something that is not associated with wrestling, basketball nor computer games. =)

Their new pink and blue cage, thanks Stef =)

ttuB2Butt

Thanks for letting me have them pui yan and pui teng =)

Third update!

After toiling for the entire month of April, not toiling to be exact...but I was restless and worried about the event, orientation night, for the whole month. Cause its actually my first time as an organising chairperson for an event for the Orientation Counselors, which is pretty big for me cause there are a lot of counselors more qualified to hold that position than me. But nevertheless, I tried to do my best and fulfilled all the duties I could think of, with constant help by the rest of the team.

The night had a theme, which was the Casino Royale.


the base of the backdrop, which took us one whole night to staple together.
When I first took this project, I only had one objective for the project, which was to make it as big as Halloween Night. =)


same as what we did for Halloween Night's backdrop =P

There was definately a lot of setbacks in this project.

Cancellation of Food and Drinks was the first.

No Food NOR Drinks ?!?!

From that, I knew we have already lost our ticket's selling point. What's the point of selling tickets when there's nothing other than entertainment promised ?Nilai people are pretty stingy with their money, especially when it comes to events like this. They pay like rm10 and expect to be served steak and red wine. tuh!


painting it took another day and a half.


So, we decided to cancel the ticket price also. BUT, we decided to photostate the tickets anyway. I wanted to instill some element of elegance and class into the event, that even though entrance was free, it would not and should not be a just a show, that people will walk in and out of the whole night. In our previous orientation nights, most of the exsisting nilai students seldom show support to the orientation night. It wasn't a very pretty welcoming action. =S

Amy, Mama and me (pretending to sew =P)

Mama and her team distributed like 600 tickets at the orientation booth for one whole week. But the question was, did the students just took this tickets as flyers and later on tossed them away into the bin behind our backs?

I did also hear some discouraging conversations striked within earshot

"Haiya, who will go to this type of event?! Its just an orientation night lah. Nothing special. Tickets give free somemore. So desperate" =(

*I ran out of pictures to post, must get them from the photographers soon*

Anyway, the whole night went a lot better than I have expected it to be.

This time, the response was..Overwhelming!

No sound problems,

no group frustrations,

not too much delay,

LOTS of crowd.

Everything just fell into place that night.

I'll be lying if I told you I was not beaming a lot that night.

Its feels like watching your own baby walk, though I'm pretty sure the real feeling of motherhood would be far better than that.

Its definately a night to remember. =)

Labels: , ,




Chatterbox




Me

sook yan =) also known as nicole phang
subang jaya
03 november
20
Proud to be scorpio
sk seafield; sk seri selangor; smk usj 13; nilai university college

Cravings
Last update: 22nd May 08
  • Good results
  • Hapiness Everyday!
  • Harmonious Family
  • Great Vacations!
  • True Friendships

  • Escapes ♥
    Click

    ♥♥

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ karine
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ natasha
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ pui yan
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ shee ann
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ winnie


    Escapes
    adeleneGoh
    allisonGoh
    amosTay
    calebTham
    christopherYong
    chiaChing
    darimi
    florence
    getRealCamp
    ivanKoh
    jackTan
    jamesTan
    jasmineOng
    jasonLee [cousin]
    jenson
    jingLing
    joelLee [cousin]
    justinaLee
    kiatZai [cousin]
    luanne
    markHwang
    munHong [bro]
    munYun [bro]
    meiWah
    min
    nicholasHee
    nicholasLam
    nicholasWong
    nucToasties
    oliviaChen
    richardLee
    sheeAnn
    shannaTan
    sharonRoberts
    sharonNg
    siewHui
    stephanieHeng
    suMay [cousin]
    szeYean
    szu-mei
    tiffany
    tracyWong
    winnie
    wyman
    yeeMun
    yewWei
    zhenCui
    ziYuan
    zoe

    Credits
    Designer:kodies
    Basecode: shatter%
    Picture: gilter graphic