Hello! No Ripping !


Thursday, July 23, 2009 '
Career Summit for Future Malaysian Leaders (CASFUMAL)

time for backdated posts..hehe

A while back, I went for this leadership summit at Pan Pacific, KLIA.


CASFUMAL was organized by UTP (University Technology Petronas), where students from both public and private universities are invited for talks by people who made in big in various industries.

This was the banquet hall, where the summit was held.

We had talks by the CEO of AirAsia X, BOD of Nestle, CEO of Proton and a few other inspirational leaders.

a few of my collegemates at one of the talks

this was taken during the first talk so everyone was still pretty energetic.

I got bored at dinner and snapped this pic through a glass. lol

frankly, the summit's schedule was too packed and tedious.
some of the talks were interesting and engaging
whilst others somewhat makes me feel like I'm attending a 3-hour lecture class.

toilet of the 5-star hotel

at least we stayed at a 5-star hotel, which made the summit a lot better.
haha

couldn't resist camwhoring. haha

our tea break sessions was also the 'networking' session where everyone was supposed to exchange name cards with each other, and the person with the highest number of name cards exchanged wins a special prize.

the guys hanging out in me and dars' room.

it was pretty pointless cause we did not have enough time to 'network' and eat at the same time.
doing both would have been really rude. haha

it would have been nicer if we have more time to talk to the other people, cause most of the people there are from the MPP/SRC of their respective universities so we could have established some linkage or whatnots between universities.

me and my roommate for the summit, darshini

the networking/teatime sessions were just like speed dating on the internet...

blu3fire: hi babe. ASL?
chickiNred: 31 f kentucky
blu3fire: okay. i'm 34 m new jersey
*exchanges cards*
chickiNred: okay, see ya around!

Terrence, me, Darshini and Teoh

the point is, I made not much network in that summit.
Yeah, sure..i have lots of those name cards lying around..
but I don't think I will ever need to use them.

me, Jack and Darshini sitting on the VIP seats lol

I don't think I can even remember the people that attended that summit.

well, except for the guy that sat behind me.
he had the highest number of name cards and won a brand new handphone!
so jealous, I would have worked even harder for those cards if I knew a phone was at stakes.
haha

Jeremy getting a little too clingy on Jack.
haha


anyway,
it was great to stay at Pan Pacific.
We were so reluctant to leave the room cause it was so darn comfortable.

it was also fun to hang around KLIA after midnight.
24hours fastfood outlets, huge glass windows, big running space, overpriced ice-creams = fun
I did not run around of course, though there was a temptation to do so after sitting down for the entire day. hehe

It was a good opportunity for me to attend this summit. I did learn a bit of leadership theories from the speakers, whether I'll put those theories in action would be a totally different question. haha



Labels:




Chatterbox




Me

sook yan =) also known as nicole phang
subang jaya
03 november
20
Proud to be scorpio
sk seafield; sk seri selangor; smk usj 13; nilai university college

Cravings
Last update: 22nd May 08
  • Good results
  • Hapiness Everyday!
  • Harmonious Family
  • Great Vacations!
  • True Friendships

  • Escapes ♥
    Click

    ♥♥

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ karine
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ natasha
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ pui yan
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ shee ann
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ winnie


    Escapes
    adeleneGoh
    allisonGoh
    amosTay
    calebTham
    christopherYong
    chiaChing
    darimi
    florence
    getRealCamp
    ivanKoh
    jackTan
    jamesTan
    jasmineOng
    jasonLee [cousin]
    jenson
    jingLing
    joelLee [cousin]
    justinaLee
    kiatZai [cousin]
    luanne
    markHwang
    munHong [bro]
    munYun [bro]
    meiWah
    min
    nicholasHee
    nicholasLam
    nicholasWong
    nucToasties
    oliviaChen
    richardLee
    sheeAnn
    shannaTan
    sharonRoberts
    sharonNg
    siewHui
    stephanieHeng
    suMay [cousin]
    szeYean
    szu-mei
    tiffany
    tracyWong
    winnie
    wyman
    yeeMun
    yewWei
    zhenCui
    ziYuan
    zoe

    Credits
    Designer:kodies
    Basecode: shatter%
    Picture: gilter graphic