Hello! No Ripping !


Tuesday, June 10, 2008 '
An Astounding Star

I was looking around in the web with
Stumble Upon! and I found this really, really cool website about our universe. And there's this amazing looking star I found !
I've actually seen it before in a video clip but seeing it again is still...
Astounding!MySpace

Okay, I actually DO NOT look this cunning when I saw this star but this is the best and the most apposite emoticon I can find =P

The star is called Helix Nebula, otherwise known as Eye of God

Here's some info about the Helix Nebula from the Wikipedia.....

The Helix Nebula is an example of a planetary nebula created at the end of the life of a Sun-like star. The outer gases of the star expelled into space appear from our vantage point as if we are looking down a helix. The remnant central stellar core, destined to become a white dwarf star, glows in light so energetic that it causes the previously expelled gas to fluoresce.

Helix lies about 650 light-years away towards the constellation of Aquarius and spans about 2.5 light-years. Recent pictures of Helix are a composite of newly released images from the ACSHubble Space Telescope and wide-angle images from the Mosaic Camera on the WIYN 0.9 m Telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory. instrument on the

It is estimated to be 10,600+2,300−1,200 years old based upon an expansion rate of 31 km/s.

Doesn't it look amazing and breath-taking?
I mean, it looks exactly like an eyeball, one watching over us from hundreds of light years away.
The universe is so amazing! =)
Here's the site that I was at, WikiSky.
Have a look at the attractive spots of the Universe,
Its ooh-laa-laa
MySpace


Labels:




Chatterbox




Me

sook yan =) also known as nicole phang
subang jaya
03 november
20
Proud to be scorpio
sk seafield; sk seri selangor; smk usj 13; nilai university college

Cravings
Last update: 22nd May 08
  • Good results
  • Hapiness Everyday!
  • Harmonious Family
  • Great Vacations!
  • True Friendships

  • Escapes ♥
    Click

    ♥♥

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ karine
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ natasha
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ pui yan
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ shee ann
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥ winnie


    Escapes
    adeleneGoh
    allisonGoh
    amosTay
    calebTham
    christopherYong
    chiaChing
    darimi
    florence
    getRealCamp
    ivanKoh
    jackTan
    jamesTan
    jasmineOng
    jasonLee [cousin]
    jenson
    jingLing
    joelLee [cousin]
    justinaLee
    kiatZai [cousin]
    luanne
    markHwang
    munHong [bro]
    munYun [bro]
    meiWah
    min
    nicholasHee
    nicholasLam
    nicholasWong
    nucToasties
    oliviaChen
    richardLee
    sheeAnn
    shannaTan
    sharonRoberts
    sharonNg
    siewHui
    stephanieHeng
    suMay [cousin]
    szeYean
    szu-mei
    tiffany
    tracyWong
    winnie
    wyman
    yeeMun
    yewWei
    zhenCui
    ziYuan
    zoe

    Credits
    Designer:kodies
    Basecode: shatter%
    Picture: gilter graphic